Tuesday, July 5, 2011

The weekend!


On July 2nd I ran in the "Dirty Girl Run" an obstacle coarse through mud, barefoot, because every once and a while I make bad decisions. This was one of them. The day started out like the rest, I got dressed (in the outfit I picked out at the DI) and drove to Wheeler Farm where I proceded to jump/climb over bails of hay, do the thing where they put tires on the ground, run through freezing cold water (fresh from the melting snow up in the mountains) climb over fences, and crawl through the mud.

As the 'race' started I was jogging and kept up a good pace, as my feet became more and more raw. When I approached the half-way point, I thought about quitting, however, I paid money for the experience, why should I stop? I was limping from that point on, my team-mates asked if I wanted them to wait for me, I told them I would be walking the rest of the way.

The cold water felt good on my feet, they were tender from the rocks. After my team had finished Jeremy came to find me. There I was limping my way down the very rocky road. Jeremy wanted to help in anyway he could, so he offered me his shoes, sadly he could only stand the gravel for so long, so I gave his shoes back. After the race was over, all I wanted to do was go home and sleep.

On the treck to the car I noticed my left foot was more sore than the right, I figured I had over done it, I was limping really bad at the end. I made it home, got some ice for my foot and layed down on my bed. Later that evening my brother invited us to go play board games with some friends. Jeremy and I went, I was in pain, lots of pain.

At the end of the night Jeremy practically carried me inside. I put my foot on ice and went to bed. The next morning my foot felt better, so we took the dogs to the dog park. That was to much for my foot, so I spent the rest of the day sitting on the couch. Jeremy told me to take it easy and rest my foot. On Monday the 4th I thought all my problems were solved, so again we took the dogs to the park, and again, it was to much, we went to a breakfast with Jeremy's parents, they encouraged me to go to the doctor to have my foot checked out. I ended up at the Insta-care where they took x-rays of my foot. The Dr. said that he couldnt see anything broken but would have the radiologist look at it tomorrow (today the 5th).

I told my manager that I would not be able to work today, and then spent more time sitting on the couch, and hobble from place to place.

This morning I receved a call from the clinic, as they said they would. It was the woman who took my x-rays. The radiologist had looked at my x-rays, turns out, I had a hairline fracture in my fifth metatarsal (the bone that connects the pinky toe to the ankle) the Dr. at the clinic gave me my very fashonable boot and told me that I would need to see an Orthopedist to make sure the fracture healed properly. I will be out of work until at least Thursday, when I go to see the Dr.

No comments:

Post a Comment