Monday, February 21, 2011

Bath time with dad...

So this evening I drew a hot bath to curl up in and do some studying for class later in the week. (On a side note, I think I've resolved on a dissertation topic, but that's beside the point.) The dogs came in to see what I was doing, since I had left one of the doors to the bathroom open. They would peek at me suspiciously from the other side of the bathroom, looking at me with a quizzical look in their eyes.

Part way through my bath Captain Blackbeard came by the tub and propped himself up on the edge to look at the water. A few short seconds later, he was in the tub with me, curled up in my lap. I couldn't contain my laughter and had to have Annie come in to see the soaking wet cairn. He wouldn't leave the tub, so I pulled the stopper and let the water drain out. Captain stood at attention and watched the drain, trying to figure out what this previously inconspicuous beast was that was noisily gobbling up his warm water. Only after the water was gone, and a few dull rumbles were coming from the pipe did Captain allow his mom to pick him up and bundle him into the towels.

A few minutes later I sit on the couch typing this. Captain just hopped in the tub one more time to investigate, but found that the drain beast had fallen silent.

Mercifully, there are no photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment